1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself.
4. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.
Here are my seven things:
1. I actively dislike hot weather and sunshine. I love winter and cold and short, dark days. Climate-wise, I’d be really content in Northern Europe or the sub-Arctic parts of Russia or Canada. In fact, I tend to get opposite seasonal affective disorder in which hot sunny days make me feel gloomy and low while cold days make me want to do things. I’m certainly built for a long, hard winter.
2. For a period of about six years, from sixth until eleventh grade, I read horror novels almost exclusively. My mother was really worried about me. I’m okay now, though.
3. I am an avid neti pot user.
4. I have a shameful hippie past that includes going on tour with two iconic jam bands, selling grilled cheese sandwiches and crocheted hats for a living, and dreadlocks.
5. I like doing laundry at the laundromat, listening to net casts on my mp3 player, and watching my clothes slosh around in the washers. I hate folding and putting away clothes, though. I really wish we had a clothesline.
6. I love going to bars. Not like, clubs or pick up bars or sports bars and not necessarily because it’s a neutral venue for hanging out with friends, although I do like hanging out with friends. More like the pub culture of a neighborhood local as a gathering place for various people and the way a good bar can allow you to be out in public while still only being as social as you feel like being at the time. Bars are also an awesome way to meet totally random people that you might not otherwise talk to. I guess that can be 6(a) about me: I love to meet different and interesting people and hear their stories or their views or their personal philosophies or whatever. I find humans fascinating and bars are a great gathering place for fascinating humans.
7. Do you have pictures of your new baby or your sibling’s new baby or your cats or your puppy? Well show them to me, because I ALWAYS love looking at pictures of babies and animals. I’ll even look at your vacation pictures and your high school year book. No, seriously. Bust ’em out. You’ve finally found the willing audience you’ve been waiting for.
I don’t know if I can think of seven blogs that I read that I feel comfortable tagging with a meme that haven’t already been tagged by the previous couple people, but I’ll try Digital Femme, Nudemuse, Queer Woman of Color, Pretty Pear, and Kameelah Writes since if nothing else, this is a shy way of saying “Hi, I think you’re interesting and I like your blog a lot.” I’m going to revise the rules, though (I CAN DO THAT) and say that if you’ve been tagged, you don’t have to link to me or tag other people, unless you want to.